Families Overcoming Rough Times Program (F.O.R.T.)
F.O.R.T. Residency Affadavit Form
Is your family in a temporary or inadequate living situation due to a loss of housing? If so, the F.O.R.T. Program may be able to assist your student.
The Families Overcoming Rough Times (F.O.R.T.) Program is a new program that assists Lansing School District students who are living in temporary or inadequate living situations.
The F.O.R.T. Program assists qualified students with:
- transportation to and from school from wherever the student is living
- access to the free meals programs at the school
- uniforms and clothing necessary for the child to attend and participate in school
- school supplies to the student
- cap and gown so they may participate in graduation commencement
- enrolling students within 24 hours even when the student does not have birth certificate and other vital record
- & many other needs that the student may need so that they may fully participate and achieve at school.
If you or someone you know has children who attend school with the Lansing School District and are having a really rough time maintaining a permanent and adequate residence due to
- housing code violation red tags
- guardianship or suitable home placement
- house fire
- natural disasters
- any other situation beyond their control
and are living with another family, shelter, motel, car, campground, or other place not meant for a person to live in permanently within the last 6 months please contact Rose Taphouse, Lansing School District Homeless Coordinator, at 517-755-2813 or contact the child's school to see if they qualify for the F.O.R.T. Program.